|Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun - 2010
What does the man in the photograph do?
It is my opinion that if you are unable to answer the following questions it is not your fault. It is that of the institutions to which you can add, that with no newspaper of importance left, Vancouver culture is not an active activity.
1. What is the name of the director of the Vancouver Art Gallery? When was the last time you were compelled to attend?
2. Who is the director of the UBC Museum of Anthropology?
3. Who heads the Maritime Museum and when was the last time you went there?
4. Name an art gallery at UBC.
5. Is there a building related to the National Film Board in Vancouver?
6. What is the MOV? Where is it? Who heads it?
7. Who is the director of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra?
8. Who heads the Vancouver Opera?
9. What is the Annex and where is it?
10. What is Pyatt Hall and where is it?
11. Who is the director of the CBC and where does she/he live?
12. Where is the Contemporary Art Gallery and when was the last time you were there?
13. What is the Turning Point Ensemble? Where does it perform?
14. Who directs the Polygon Art Gallery?
15. Where is the Presentation House Theatre? When was the last time you went to it?
15. What is the name of the other performance theatre at the Chan Centre? When was the last time you went there?
16. What is the Kay Meek Arts Centre and where is it?
17. Has anybody reading this ever been to the Surrey Art Gallery?
18. Does the Georgia Straight still exist?
19. Who is the editor of the Vancouver Sun?
20. What and where is Performance Works?
21. Where is the headquarters of Ballet BC and who is its artistic director?
In Seattle they have the Seattle Art Museum or SAM. The VAG sounds like a venereal disease. It could be re-named the Vancouver Art Museum. The same for the CAG. It would sound better as the CAM.