Hoover Sucked Me In With A Bagless MessThursday, February 12, 2015
February 9, 2015
Since that purchase I have come to believe that the intentions to design this vacuum might have been good but the end result is a terrible contraption which at my age (72) makes me wonder if I have to spend, yet again on a new one.My repeated complaints to your on line service have only gotten me, “These are the sevice centres near your area.”
The Hoover has these design problems:
1. When you lift the vacuum, to perhaps pass it over stairs the gaskets give way and the machine loses sucking power.
2. The plastic hose has a memory so it twists all the time. One has to un-twist it.
3. Because of 2 and because the wire leading to the motor in the revolving carpet wand is in that hose the motor now works intermittently.
4. When you remove the carpet sweeping wand to use one of the two accessories a plastic mold within the wand falls out.
5. The brush accessory is hard to put away or remove. I have arthritis. The corner accessory is much too loose and falls out.
6. Cleaning this vacuum is a real chore and one must be diligent to notice if the cyclonic action is indeed turning or blocked.
7. The retractable chord retracts all the time when one does not want it to. Pulling out to make sure it stays out involves many attempts.
8. I know it must be some Canadian law (so that vacuums can only be used in small condos and not in homes) but the power chord is simply not long enough.
9. I have had many cases of putting the hose in its place on the flimsy grab on the back. Then as I carry the vacuum up the stairs for storage in one of the closets I find myself holding the dust container while the rest of the unit falls down the stairs.
In short this unit is one of the worst vacuums I have ever owned. I plan to save up enough money when this unit finally goes to its maker in the dump, and buy a better designed vacuum for which I might get some satisfaction.
I received an immediate response to the above which consisted of a pleasant man directing me to my closest authorized service centre.